I think about this routine I feel stuck in and the lack of adventure in my own life. But I also know that a lot of that is by choice. I chose to come home from work and turn on the TV. I make excuses for why I don't go out more and do more. For why I don't paint more or create more. Or why I don't spend more time with friends.
I think about the courage it took for Frodo to take on such an adventure and burden to return that ring to that firey pit! It is such a great story with so many obstacles, and I kept thinking as I sat through those movies about the courage that Hobbit possessed. And what was his motivation for it all?...
HOPE
At one point his friend had to remind him why he was on that journey...hope!
So I thought about my own life and where I gave up hope or decided to give in to comfort rather than be courageous. Turned out to be a pretty scary realization.
I don't go out more because I have to drive and I'm afraid of driving places because I get the slightest bit nervous about changing lanes. OR I stay at home and watch FRIENDS on DVD rather than spending time with real friends because I'm comfortable at home in my bed TAKING in FRIENDS rather than taking part and GIVING in a real friendship.
etc. etc. etc.
So I decided to start by not giving in to little fears that come my way. To choose to change the things I don't like about my life. And to pray that I will continue to have HOPE!
"Let us therefore persevere in our hope and the earnest of our righteousness, who is Jesus Christ." - Epistle of Polycarp 8
OOOHH my dearest Blossom, how happy am I to see your face, to read your words as if I hear them strait coming from your haert like you did when we shared that time in India. You where also then full of questions, nothing was just the way it was, evrything had deeper meanings. You always made me wonder and re-evaluate my opinions because your questions made everything that seemed normal to me suddenly not so logical or normal. You opened my heart in many ways. Keep asking yourself questions my dearest Blossom, as long as you do that you will live the life to the fullest, even if you crawl up on the couch or if you don't want to go for a visit. Love you,
ReplyDeletekisses and the biggest hug,
Julia