From a young age I struggled with loneliness and depression. But it was during those times in the valley when I sought Him. And it was there He found me and Loved me. This life is a journey and this blog is about my journey. It's about finding Him in everything. It's about learning to hope, love, and forgive. It's about my daily ups and downs, my sweet kitties who bring me so much joy, and my amazing husband who I am honored to share my life with. It's about learning to cook and hoping to one day be a back up dancer for the Black Eyed Peas. It's about my passion for creating and crafting. It's about my struggles and prayers and funny stories. It's about ...redemption.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blessings



You know sometimes I forget to choose to see the wonders of the Lord. There are times when I am not tapped into Him and therefore I see none of His beauty or greatness in this world! There are times when I am so out of the loop that I don't even experience His love.

I know though that those things are a prayer away. I get so caught up with life sometimes. Not LIFE, but life (the things I "have" to do) and I get to this place where He seems so far away. But all the while He is there, His love is there, His beauty is there, His greatness is there, His magic is there (yes, His magic) I just choose to not see it or be a part of it.

Anyway, I got to thinking today about how I stress out about money. How sometimes that fear of not being able to pay our mortgage consumes me! I lose sleep, I do. But yet, we have always managed to pay our mortgage, and all our bills...ON TIME! You know how? God. His blessings. I never gave Him credit. He has always provided for us financially even when I have been unfaithful and decided to stress out about it rather than pray.

Let me give you just a few examples...

About two months ago a young boy backed into our car in a parking lot...AND BAM...his mother cut us $1,000 check! We put it into a savings account. And we plan on using it on our much needed family vacation in September. We can do that right?

Last month we were not going to be able to pay the bills with what we had in our checking account so we transfered $200 from savings to checkings. And we felt kinda bad for dipping into the savings. Couple days later I received a check in the mail for $228!!! A Check. In the Mail. For $228! From whom you ask??? From Humble ISD giving us a tax refund!!! Who would have thought? Not me.

And this month Scott and I both needed a good pair of work shoes because we were both having knee problems (we're too young to be having knee problems!) and we had worn out our current work shoes. But how can we afford to buy good work shoes for the both of us? WELL, WELL...Scott's boss went out of town for a weekend and left him in charge. He left him an envelope with an extra $100 for all the added responsibility he had to take on that weekend!

Wow. Wow.

Looking back now I can remember that just randomly the Lord would provide for us and I didn't even give Him any recognition or credit.

Like one time in the drive-thru a lady gave me a gift certificate to Sonic as a tip. This came right in the middle of a conversation I was having with a co-worker about how we have no money for food so I have to put things on the credit card.

You see people. He is there, always there, creating beautiful things, blessing us in ways we may not even see, providing for us, loving us, caring for us. It's just easier for me to complain sometimes. And when I do that, I don't see or experience all His wonders and blessings. And magic.




And beauty.



And greatness.



And magic again.

No comments:

Post a Comment