1. The sky was orange???
2. Pets didn't shed their hair???
3. I was six feet tall???
4. Starbucks delivered???
5. We could choose our own name???
6. Adoption was free???
7. Jesus never died???
8. Jesus never rose???
9. Scott shaved his beard???
10. We lived to be 900 years old like in biblical times???
11. We never find a cure for cancer???
12. Ice cream was sour and pickles were sweet???
13. Hitler was never born???
14. Men gave birth?!?
15. Facebook was never invented???
16. We blogged about what's REALLY going on in our lives??? The good times AND the bad (and maybe some do). All our struggles and doubts, our fears and deep dark secrets?
17. We went back to the barter system???
WELL...
1. Then would that mean the sun would be blue???
2. Then my rugs would be the color I bought them!!!
3. Six feet tall!?! Then I could do anything! I think I would have tons more confidence... and I could reach the drive thru screen at work!
4. Actually...Starbucks is working on that.
(hahaha, yeah right! sorry patrick and cheryl, don't think this will be happening anytime soon)
5. Then I would be named Bellah OR Pearl.
6. I would be a mother of 10!
7 and 8. Hmmm... I'll let you think on that one.
9. I wouldn't recognize him. Don't think I would like it.
10. Then us women would have time to really do it all, have the kids, have a career, and travel the world! AMEN.
11. I really fear this.
12. Then I'd eat ice cream and pass on the pickles.
13. I think we all know the answer to that one.
14. Like male seahorses? Interesting. Interesting.
15. Then we'd be forced to have real face to face interactions and relationships with people, there would be a whole lot less drama in this world...but you couldn't reconnect with those friends you lost contact with years ago!
16. We would be honest and vulnerable.
Maybe we wouldn't go through all our friends blogs and feel depressed because we want to be doing what they're doing, or having what they're having.
We wouldn't just look at their pictures and believe their life was perfect and ours sucked. Hahaha, this sounds really bad. But come on, I think we all do it sometimes.
My sister and I talk about how we compare our lives so much with the lives of what other people put out there on facebook and blogs. Sometimes I don't even need to read their blog, I just look at their pictures and I think,
"I wish I could take pictures like that!"
I'm totally guilty of doing it too, writing and reporting only the good and pretty. But what if I wrote of my struggles? My fears? My doubts?
And my deep dark secrets?
Would you judge me?
Or would my vulnerability bring you comfort and help us relate on a deeper level?
hmmm...
17. Let's see, I have some fresh herbs I could trade for a beer? Or I could knit you a scarf in exchange for a coffee maker?? OR Scott and I could babysit in exchange for dinner at Chuy's!!! Well, I'd have to ask him, but I'm sure he'd be ok with that. yeah.
Your Turn!
Great post, Blossom! I am all for bartering and freecycle.
ReplyDelete1. The sky was orange???
ReplyDeletei dont know. my outlook would be different.
2. Pets didn't shed their hair???
my life would for sure be different.
3. I was six feet tall???
i would have married yao ming
4. Starbucks delivered???
i dont know. actually, i think this is crazy with a capital C.
5. We could choose our own name???
i would change it all the time
6. Adoption was free???
i would still have fear. and a lot of children are free. actually, you can be paid!
7. Jesus never died???
my life would be a joke.
8. Jesus never rose???
i would live a lie.
9. Scott shaved his beard???
my granny wouldnt think he was a terrorist
10. We lived to be 900 years old like in biblical times???
i would probably slow down and enjoy things more.
11. We never find a cure for cancer???
i think its possible.
12. Ice cream was sour and pickles were sweet???
id love them both.
13. Hitler was never born???
this makes my stomach hurt.
14. Men gave birth?!?
dany and i would probably already have babies.
15. Facebook was never invented???
we'd all be just as happy. and people would just find something else to be addicted to.
16. We blogged about what's REALLY going on in our lives??? The good times AND the bad (and maybe some do). All our struggles and doubts, our fears and deep dark secrets?
we would be judged more. and maybe more free and honest?
17. We went back to the barter system???
i like this. but then people who have less to give with less ability and less skills would suffer. if we found value in each person then i would love this. i think it would be heaven.
ummm... starbucks deliver? that would be totally crazy but now with 3 kids i could get used to it! ;)
ReplyDeletegreat post, blossom. stop reading other peoples' blogs. that's what i did. i am TIRED of comparing myself and would much rather not have that in my life. although i do facebook and that has its own weird interactions.
i wouldn't give up giving birth. God knew what He was doing when he named the first woman Eve and I am so thankful for that gift of life. even if it's not physical birth, women have the gift of being the heartbeat, so to speak, of relationships.
i love you, my friend.