From a young age I struggled with loneliness and depression. But it was during those times in the valley when I sought Him. And it was there He found me and Loved me. This life is a journey and this blog is about my journey. It's about finding Him in everything. It's about learning to hope, love, and forgive. It's about my daily ups and downs, my sweet kitties who bring me so much joy, and my amazing husband who I am honored to share my life with. It's about learning to cook and hoping to one day be a back up dancer for the Black Eyed Peas. It's about my passion for creating and crafting. It's about my struggles and prayers and funny stories. It's about ...redemption.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Update on Marmalade



Ok, I know mother's usually post about their kids, sharing photos of their birthdays, relaying the funny things they say, and bragging about their accomplishments.

Well today Scott and I could not be more proud to tell you (and show you) that our sweet baby number 3 has just been litter trained!!!!

I was praising God. I have never had trouble litter training a cat before, NEVER. I thought they just knew. They're intelligent creatures. They are born knowing how to use a litter box. Right?

But oh no! All night this kitty slept by our side, on our faces, in Scott's beard. Not once did she use her litter box. And early this morning (6:00 am) I woke up to a warm moist feeling on my leg. Yep, she peed on the bed.

I read up on how to train a kitty. I put her in her litter box about 20 times, showed her how to dig, showed her Sassafrass' poop...I tried everything...and nothing. No potty in the box all day!!!

Finally tonight I set her in the box and starting digging with her. At first she was playing but then she figured it out! She started to dig. She moved the litter all around. And then...she squatted!

Our baby is officially potty trained! Wow. Whew. Now I know what all you mothers are talking about when you say how hard it is to potty train your toddlers (cheryl and jaime).

;) haha



2 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed, I thought there would me more pics! And her name is Mancha, I decided, that's what I am calling her. Period. And when I bring her home with me that is what her name will be.

    Misty Birchman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott did want me to take a pic of the poop and to tell everyone that it was half her body weight, but I didn't. Some of you are grateful I'm sure. Sorry Misty.

    ReplyDelete