From a young age I struggled with loneliness and depression. But it was during those times in the valley when I sought Him. And it was there He found me and Loved me. This life is a journey and this blog is about my journey. It's about finding Him in everything. It's about learning to hope, love, and forgive. It's about my daily ups and downs, my sweet kitties who bring me so much joy, and my amazing husband who I am honored to share my life with. It's about learning to cook and hoping to one day be a back up dancer for the Black Eyed Peas. It's about my passion for creating and crafting. It's about my struggles and prayers and funny stories. It's about ...redemption.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired



Today is day 5 of having the flu for me.

I started feeling sick last thursday night but thought a good nights rest was all I needed. I ended up having to call in sick to work.

It all started when my dad got the flu from someone at work, then my mom got it, then my sister-in-law got it and that's how it got me!

Everyday has been miserable although day 2 and 3 were the worst. My body hurt so bad all I could do was cry. I kept thinking that if a child or infant had what I had, I'm afraid their poor baby body wouldn't be able to take it!

Scott was very kind and took good care of me. He drew me baths, fetched my medicine, kept my cup full of orange juice and sprite, and he took care of the meals.

Today I am weak and I still have fever, but I'm hoping I'm at the end of this.

I've been in bed for five days! I managed to get out of the bed and leave my room probably four times in the past five days, but everytime I did I immediately started feeling worse.

I haven't had one cup of coffee! I haven't put on a pair of jeans or earrings! I've watched way too much television. Haven't fixed my hair (sorry babe, i know i probably looked pretty scary)! Or fixed a meal. I haven't smelled anything for the past five days or really tasted much. I even missed out on the gorgeous weather I heard yall had this weekend!!!

This morning I decided to get up and take a shower and put on some real clothes. I was feeling brave so I decided to go to the kitchen to make some coffee, and to my surprise I found a kitchen that hadn't been cleaned in FIVE DAYS! Good thing I can't smell!

So I got to work and now I'm back...here...in bed. Feeling pretty ill and wondering if this is ever going to end.

2 comments:

  1. oh blossom, i am so sorry! i am praying for you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet girl...I am so sorry you caught that BAD flu. We had it over here about a month ago, and it took me three weeks to get well...no lie.

    BUT...I just know you are getting better by the second because you are SO smart to rest, rest, rest!!

    Hope to see you soon pretty girl!

    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete