From a young age I struggled with loneliness and depression. But it was during those times in the valley when I sought Him. And it was there He found me and Loved me. This life is a journey and this blog is about my journey. It's about finding Him in everything. It's about learning to hope, love, and forgive. It's about my daily ups and downs, my sweet kitties who bring me so much joy, and my amazing husband who I am honored to share my life with. It's about learning to cook and hoping to one day be a back up dancer for the Black Eyed Peas. It's about my passion for creating and crafting. It's about my struggles and prayers and funny stories. It's about ...redemption.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Biggest Loser


Now I know that some folks believe watching TV is a waste of time or that it fills your head with junk, but I see it a different way.

There are a few shows that I am... let's just say "attached" to.

One being The Bachelor! Yes, the Bachelor.

Now you may think that show is just a bunch of stupid drama, and some of it definitely is, but i thing it really exposes the girls on the show, and most girls in North America really. I see their cattiness and their jealousy and I think...that's me! YIKES! The show helps me to confront my inner bitch if you know what I mean.

And you know, ever season I watch the Bachelor, I come away so much more appreciative of Scotty and my marriage!

Another great show is AMAZING RACE!

It's terribly entertaining, but every episode is also a mini cultural lesson in a way. As players travel around the globe you get to see places you may never get the opportunity to see in real life. It makes me want to get off the couch and catch a plane to Cambodia!!! Or Dubai!!!


Angkor Wat, Cambodia

And finally there is THE BIGGEST LOSER!

Watching the Biggest Loser, I can't help but be inspired to change my life and be good to myself.

So because of the Biggest Loser...

I took Nikita on a 45 minute walk yesterday!

I use ground Turkey in my cooking instead of ground beef (did you know it's like half the calories? something like that...if you get the turkey breast)

And I put Sassafrass on a strict diet! She eats tuna, smaller portions of her dry food, and I even bought her a remote controlled mouse to chase around the house so she gets more exercise. But I'm afraid Scott gets more entertainment out of the REMOTE controlled mouse than Sassafrass gets exercise. :)






1 comment:

  1. Oh, we are SOOO alike...you named 3 of my top 4 shows! (As I type this, I am watching the Bachelor taped show of The Girls Tell all!) My 4th favorite is Survivor! I don't what the appeal is of reality shows, but I love them!!!! (The "good" ones, of course!)
    Lindsey Petersen
    http://5kidswdisabilities.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete