From a young age I struggled with loneliness and depression. But it was during those times in the valley when I sought Him. And it was there He found me and Loved me. This life is a journey and this blog is about my journey. It's about finding Him in everything. It's about learning to hope, love, and forgive. It's about my daily ups and downs, my sweet kitties who bring me so much joy, and my amazing husband who I am honored to share my life with. It's about learning to cook and hoping to one day be a back up dancer for the Black Eyed Peas. It's about my passion for creating and crafting. It's about my struggles and prayers and funny stories. It's about ...redemption.

Friday, June 26, 2009

No Joke!


Ok, it's no joke that we're broke!

Looking through our finances we decided to cut back our expenses wherever possible.  We no longer buy soda at the grocery store, and we canceled our $12 blockbuster online subscription.  Seriously.

One time Scott asked me if I could do without my hair products!

What?  Really?  Wow!  

I've used hair products since the beginning of time.  Mousses, gels, sprays, oils, leave-in conditioners, etc. etc.  

But today I started thinking...

What if I just let my hair dry naturally?  

So I dared myself to do it and this is what I got...

(if sarah jessica parker can go on national television with her hair a mess and no make-up on, well then...)




Wow!  Wow!  

I know it is a little vain, but I have often pondered the idea of moving from this awful humid city just so I can have one good hair day!   

Seriously, what did women do before Garnier Fructis Leave-in Conditioner and Curl Sculpting Cream Oil???  

What do you look like without makeup and hair products?

Interesting.  Interesting.

7 comments:

  1. i freaking love it. welcome to the blog world dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i'm proud of you. when i started my first blog i took a picture real close up like that. remember? but i wasn't brave enough so i turned it upside down! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do exactly that most days which means my hair is extra flat! Maybe we could somehow merge our hair and have naturally perfect hair no product required! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not Astrid... I am Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!

    You are so beautiful...inside and out! My hair can't do any tricks. So boring!

    Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummm, were you going to tell me you had a blog?
    everytime the word "wow" is in your post, i could hear you saying it. it made me laugh out loud - you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheryl, I'm glad you were laughing because I thought for sure you would find it annoying after hearing it for three hours the other night!

    ReplyDelete